Thursday, April 4, 2013

R.I.P. Carmine Infantino


 It is with the most utmost sadness that I must report the passing of Carmine Infantino (1925-2013). As longtime readers here know, I consider the man’s work the epitome of superhero comics from the days when they were just good clean fun. When I think of the idealized Jet Age America with art deco buildings and furniture, tail-finned cars and science that can do anything; Infantino’s Flash work is what springs to mind. And although he may not have originated the strip, Infantino’s Adam Strange work was easily the best space adventure series in all of comics after Flash Gordon.
 I haven’t been posting much these past few months, but I’m going to try my hardest to post some of my favorite Infantino stories in the coming days. R.I.P Carmine, you won’t ever be forgotten.
~

No comments:

Post a Comment